168 Spencerport Rd
Rochester, NY 14606
The Sacrament of Baptism is the first of three sacraments referred to as “the sacraments of initiation.” Through baptism, a person begins a new life with Christ, becoming a child of God and a member of the Catholic Church.
Baptism for Infants & Children (younger than seven)
Parents are the first and most important teachers of their children in the faith. Our responsibility as a parish community is to support your efforts with a preparation program that is meaningful and helpful to you.
- Contact Sr. Cathy at 429-6811 to make an appointment to discuss your child’s baptism.
- First time parents are required to participate in a Baptism Preparation Session along with the sponsors they have chosen for their child prior to scheduling the baptism. The purpose of the program is to help parents make the coming baptism of their child more than just a tradition or custom. Staff members meet with new parents to reflect on the sacrament of baptism and the responsibilities which the parents and godparents will acquire by having their baby baptized into the Catholic Community.
- Baptism Preparation classes are held on the second Wednesdays in February, May, August and October. Please call Sr. Cathy at 429-6811 to schedule the class.
- Baptisms are celebrated on Saturdays during the 4:30 p.m. mass, on Sundays during the 9:00 a.m. mass or during or after the 11:00 a.m. mass. There are no baptisms during Lent.
- At least 16 years old
- Fully-initiated Catholic (has received Baptism, Eucharist and Confirmation)
- Attends weekly mass and practices their Catholic faith
- Provides a letter from their parish stating they are active, practicing Catholics
- A baptized non-Catholic Christian may serve as a Christian witness in place of one of the sponsors.
Baptism for Adults and Children (seven years and up)
The Church provides a special process of welcoming newcomers into full communion with the Catholic Church called The Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults (RCIA) and for children, seven years old or older, (RCIC). The RCIA/RCIC offers these opportunities to those who have never been baptized or those who were baptized in another Christian denomination or those who were baptized Catholic but never received First Eucharist and Confirmation. For more information, please call Sr. Cathy at 429-6811