The celebration of the Eucharist is at the heart of the life of the Church. The Christian community gathers to celebrate the mystery of God’s love as it is revealed in the sacred Scriptures and in the sacrificial meal. Those who gather are fed by the Word and by the Body and Blood of Christ.
First Eucharist (Grade 2)
In accordance with the Code of Canon Law, all those preparing for First Eucharist need to prepare for and celebrate First Reconciliation prior to receiving First Eucharist. Students must have completed a year of religion classes or Catholic school and also attend weekly mass, before preparing for these sacraments.
Preparation Requirements & Dates:
- Informational Meeting for Parents: Wednesday, February 15 at 7:00 p.m.
- Child/Parent Interview: TBA
- Enrollment Rite: Sunday, March 5 at 9:00 a.m., with the start of preparation classes following Mass.
- Preparation Class Schedule: March 5, 12, 19, 26, April 2, 30, 10:15 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- Second Parent Meeting: Tuesday, April 25 at 7:00 p.m.
- Rehearsal: Thursday, May 4 at 6:00 p.m.
- Celebration: Saturday, May 6 at 11:00 a.m.
- May Crowning: Sunday, May 7 at 11:00 a.m.
- Ice Cream Social: Tuesday, May 16 at 7:00 p.m.