168 Spencerport Rd
Rochester, NY 14606
The Sacrament of Baptism is the first of three sacraments referred to as “the sacraments of initiation.” Through baptism, a person begins a new life with Christ, becoming a child of God and a member of the Catholic Church.
Baptism for Infants & Children (younger than seven)
Parents are the first and most important teachers of their children in the faith. Our responsibility as a parish community is to support your efforts with a preparation program that is meaningful and helpful to you.
- One of the child’s parents needs to contact the parish office at 429-6811 to give your contact information including parents’ name, child’s name, phone number, email, and whether or not it is your first child being baptized.
- A member from our baptism preparation team with contact you to schedule a meeting to complete the baptism form and discuss the next step. Prior to this meeting, please read “Being a Sponsor” pamphlet under the Forms tab on this website.
- First time parents are required to participate in a Baptism Preparation Session along with the sponsors they have chosen for their child prior to scheduling the baptism. The purpose of the program is to help parents make the coming baptism of their child more than just a tradition or custom.
- Baptism Preparation classes are held four times a year: in January, April, August and November. Please call the office 429-6811 to schedule the class.
- At the present time, baptisms are celebrated after the 11:00 a.m. Mass on Sundays. There are no baptisms during Lent.
- Please read “Being a Sponsor” pamphlet under the Forms tab on this website.
Baptism for Adults and Children (seven years and up)
The Church provides a special process of welcoming newcomers into full communion with the Catholic Church called The Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults (RCIA) and for children, seven years old or older, (RCIC). The RCIA/RCIC offers these opportunities to those who have never been baptized or those who were baptized in another Christian denomination or those who were baptized Catholic but never received First Eucharist and Confirmation. For more information, please call the parish office at 429-6811.