168 Spencerport Rd
Rochester, NY 14606
In the Sacrament of Confirmation a person becomes a full member of the Catholic Church. Confirmation completes the sacramental grace of baptism. It is a celebration of the presence of the Holy Spirit with us, and a confirming of the spiritual gifts given to us at baptism by the Holy Spirit that will help us to live the way that Jesus has taught us to live. The gifts of the Holy Spirit are Wisdom, Understanding, Knowledge, Counsel (Right Judgment), Fortitude (Courage), Piety (Reverence), and Fear of the Lord (Wonder and Awe).
In accordance with Diocesan Sacramental Policies, Confirmation will now be a two year program beginning in the eighth grade with the sacrament celebrated in the Spring of the teens freshmen year of High School.
Preparation Requirements & Dates:
For Year One and Year Two:
- Weekly Mass attendance
- Service Projects: You will be given different opportunities to sign up for. Some at the parish, others may be off site.
- Living Stations of the Cross: TBA
- Youth Activities: Participation in Youth Gatherings and Events. Flyers will be sent home for the different events.
For Year One Preparation: (Grade 8)
- Retreat: Saturday, November 10, at St. Theodore’s begins at 10:00 a.m. and concludes with the 4:30 p.m. Mass; families attend the Mass.
- Next meeting with Parents: Monday, April 29, discussion on Year Two Preparation.
For Year Two Preparation: (Grade 9)
- Interviews with Staff: October 13 and October 14.
- Service Opportunity: November 12 at St. Peter’s Soup Kitchen
- Retreat: Sunday, January 27 at St. Theodore’s, begins with the 11:00 a.m. Mass and concludes at 4:30 p.m.
- Immediate Preparation for Candidates and Sponsors: Sunday, March 3, begins with 11:00 a.m. Mass, with the Rite of Sending and concludes at 5:00 p.m.
- Confirmation Celebration: TBA
For more information, please contact Maureen Piehler at 429-5650.
For more information, please contact Fr. Fred at 429-6811.